Maybe it’s just me but I love/loathe Apple Watch updates. I love them because Apple has been doing a good job of adding important updates that focus on usability, safety, and speed as of late
Speaking of speed, the reason why I loathe Apple Watch updates is because they are SUPER SLOW.
Shout out to the SMRPodcast FaceBook Group for tipping me to this trick to speed up Apple Watch updates.
I tried it on the latest watchOS 5.0.1 update and it worked like a charm…
- Open Apple Watch app on your iPhone, then go to “My Watch” > Settings > General > Software Update
- Tap on “Download & Install” when the latest software update appears
- When you see a number estimate in place of “time remaining”, open the Settings app on your iPhone and turn off Bluetooth
- Go back to the Apple Watch app and tap “Cancel” on the “reconnect your Apple Watch” message
- Complete the update process, then go back and turn on Bluetooth on your iPhone to re-establish a connection with your Apple watch
This will force your Apple Watch to connect to the last Wifi signal your iPhone was previously connected to, making your Apple Watch update run much faster than being connected to Bluetooth.
Try this trick and let me know if your Apple Watch updates are more bearable now.