iRig MIC Cast Smartphone Microphone: Periscope Approved
It seems as if the Periscope live-streaming app is what’s poppin’ in these Social Media streets based off ALL the little notifications that pop up on my phone letting me know somebody in my network is streaming.
One thing that I’ve noticed is that the audio on a ton of Periscope’s I watch are turrible not optimal for online viewing. Now you could get all uber-sophisticated an pick up a mobile shotgun mic, or carry around a lavalier mic and have to untangle cables every time you want to stream.
OR you can check out IK Multimedia’s iRig MIC Cast smartphone microphone that plugs into your headphone jack for quick, easy and solid sound quality when you decide to share with the world.
Simply put, the iRig MIC Cast provides much better sound quality than the built-in mic on your phone (especially in outdoor, loud, crowded spaces or when subjects are far away) and is easier to use than many other external microphones. Here’s a list of the official iRig MIC Cast features:
- Features a stereo mini-jack headphone output enabling real-time monitoring of what is being recorded using headphones or speakers.
- Offers a Hi/Low mini-switch that provides two different sensitivity settings to record close-up or distant sources.
- Has a bumper-friendly mini-jack connector that fits the majority of smartphone cases.
- Unidirectional design rejects noise for clearer recordings
- Has an ultra-compact profile that can be carried anywhere with ease.
- Includes 2 free apps: iRig Recorder, an easy-to-use voice recording/editing app, and VocaLive, a multi-effects processing app for singers.
- Works with all regular phone calls and any Voice-Over-IP app.
- Compatible with both iPhone and Android devices
I can personally vouch for the iRig MIC Cast because it’s the mic that I use for the very few Periscopes I’ve done, or for practically anytime I need to record/stream high quality audio from my iPhone.
There is a new version (iRig Field) priced at $99. That means you can cop the iRig MIC Cast smartphone microphone is currently on sale for $33 bucks over on Amazon.
…Just make sure you don’t have the mute on before you start your Periscope.
[tw-button size=”large” background=”#c02323″ color=”” target=”_blank” link=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007517AKK/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B007517AKK&linkCode=as2&tag=broth0c-20&linkId=WS2GB5IKCFTBIEQE”]Buy on Amazon[/tw-button]