The Apple Store app keeps getting better and better. So much so that you can save yourself some headache and quickly place an iPhone 6 preorder in a matter of minutes…Here’s how.
Note: Pre-orders start 12am Pacific time. For folks on the east side with me, you will have to wait until 3am to place your order. Also, you’re going to want this process to go as quickly as possible because the Apple servers will crash (Never forget…the Apple event live stream), so make sure your billing, shipping, and credit card information is correct, so you don’t fumble on the 1 yard line.
1) Download and/or open the Apple Store app
2) iPhone 6 placement should be front and center in the app. Scroll down to “Check Eligibility Pricing” to decide which bodily organ you will need to donate.
3) Select your carrier and enter your account information and tap “CONTINUE”
The app will list the iPhone 6 versions, storage options and pricing. If you’re not eligible for an upgrade, you may get pissed and switch to a new carrier because you can’t believe that they won’t let you upgrade a month early after being with them for over a decade the app will show you full price options, as well as when you’re available for on-contract subsidized pricing.
4) Choose which iPhone 6 version you want and tap “CONTINUE”
If you want to buy the phone on a new carrier, this is where your journey via the Apple Store app ends, and you will have to use the full desktop Apple site or directly from your wireless carrier to make your purchase…I probably should have mentioned this earlier in the post, eh?
5) Choose your color and storage size. If the “ADD TO CART” sign is blue, you’re ready to roll to checkout. If not, that means you’re too hype and have arrived at this page a smidge too early. Don’t fret, tap “Cancel” to go back a page, tap “CONTINUE” and choose your color and storage again. Keep doing this until that “ADD TO CART” lights up.
6) At this point, all you should have to do is verify your billing and shipping info and BOOM, you can stalk your UPS guy for the next week until your phone arrives.
How do you plan on placing your iPhone 6 preorder?